Friday, July 11, 2014

The Deceivers and the Deceived

The Deceivers and the Deceived:

I was talking with an LDS friend about this subject. The person opened my eyes to a few things that I had never been able to see before. I noticed that the person is right because it conforms with what I have observed online; and, the Spirit told me that the person is right.

Whenever Gospel Subjects are being discussed online or in person, there are three types of people that you will encounter.

The first type of person that you can encounter is the Seer. This person has seen Heaven and the Spirit World and knows exactly what's going on there. This person has seen the mind and the will of God, and thus this person sees things the way that God sees them. This person has a sure knowledge of the Truth. I see and experience some of that in the writings and revelations of Joseph Smith. There are also occasional times when I encounter the writings or sermons of LDS Apostles and some of the Seventy who seem to have been given a peek behind the Curtain and know how things really are in Heaven and how things really work in Heaven. Some of them seem to know the mind of God and God's will concerning a wide variety of subjects. They have Seen.

The next group that you can encounter are the deceived. The baptized Latter-day Saints, many of the LDS Apostates, the atheists, the agnostics, and the non-LDS typically fit into this category.

The deceived can be like Saul, who truly and sincerely believed that he was doing God's work by killing the Christians. Saul believed that he was serving God whenever he killed a Christian. There are many people out there in the world who truly believe that they are serving God and doing God's work whenever they try to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are good sincere people doing what they believe God wants them to do.

There is another group of the deceived that I like to call the “rank and file” Latter-day Saints. These are people like me. Throughout our lives we have periodically been taught false doctrines and false ideas, and have come to believe that they are true. Thus, we will go online and sincerely preach lies and false doctrines all the while believing that they are true, because we don't know any better. When someone tells me that I have lied or that I need to retract some lie, I have no idea what they are talking about, because I can't see where I was lying. I'm just telling people what I have been taught and what I believe to be true. I can't see the falsehood unless somebody kindly points it out to me.

The non-LDS, the Atheists, the Agnostics, and so forth are another group of the deceived.

I have noticed that most people on LDS Freedom Forum fit within the classification of the deceived. We are each going along doing the best we can, telling it as we see it, and getting it wrong some of the time. We are the blind leading the blind, because NONE of us are Seers. But, since I have gotten the sense that there are NO Seers participating on LDS Freedom Forum, nobody who really knows God's mind and nobody who really knows how things are there in Heaven, I have been instructed to patiently allow people to make their mistakes and try to correct them where appropriate in a kinder and more pleasing manner than I have been doing.

There's a third group that we can encounter, and that's the deceivers. These people know the truth and they know the true doctrines of Christ, yet they deliberately choose to spread lies, false Doctrines, and falsehoods instead. They have chosen Satan as their god instead of Jesus Christ; yet, they will pretend to be servants of Christ and Prophets of Christ all the while mixing lies and false interpretations into the LDS Scriptures while quoting the LDS Scriptures. These people are the anti-Christs. They take the truth and twist it to serve their agenda; and, their agenda is typically to lead people away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I have periodically been asked why I chose to participate on LDS Freedom Forum. I have noticed that LDS Freedom forum is packed with disgruntled Latter-day Saints, deceived Latter-day Saints, Control Freaks, People Looking for a Friend, uneducated Latter-day Saints, LDS converts, LDS Apostates, Agnostics, Repentant Sinners, non-LDS scholars, unhappy people, confused people, depressed people, excitable people, sincere people, and people looking for a better way. These people are like me. I am them, and they are me. I have been where some of them are. I have been in hell, and I want to try to help them to get out of hell if I can.

I also want to try to help them to avoid the deceivers, because I would have been in a heck of a mess if I had started to take instruction from deceivers instead of the active Latter-day Saints, during my withdrawal from drugs and my recovery and reactivation. At the time, I was extremely vulnerable to deception, because I hadn't yet found my current group of LDS friends whom I have learned to trust. You don't want to fall into the hands of a deceiver while you are trying to find God. Falling into the hands of the deceived who are sincerely trying to help you will serve you fine enough; but, falling into the hands of a deceiver will bring you a whole new round of hell.

While I was going through the recovery process, I prayed and asked God who I could go to in order to get instruction from God and not be led astray. The names of a few Latter-day Saints in the ward repeatedly came to mind, one in particular. It has now been confirmed dozens of times that I had indeed received a revelation from God. I was told where to go to get the lessons and the instruction that I needed and desired from God.

Some people have asked me why I write such long posts. I learn by writing. I often receive revelations and insights from God while writing. That's just the way it works for me. So, when I write and post, I want it to be something that has some substance or meat to it. Therefore, my posts are not short. If I pick a topic to discuss, I like to cover it in full, if possible. I like to write whatever God is willing to give me to write.

I can also testify that it is infinitely more effective to discuss the Gospel in person face-to-face than it is do to it online. Where two or more people are gathered together in person in Christ's Name, the Spirit can actually be there to testify whenever truth is being spoken. You usually can't get that kind of thing online through the written word, because many of the people online are not gathered there in Christ's Name. They have their own agenda instead.

I can also testify that it has been extremely helpful to attend the LDS Church on Sundays, especially after having not done so for over a decade.


My message is to look to the LDS Prophet, the LDS Apostles, and the LDS General Authorities for the Gospel Knowledge that you seek. My message is to find some active Latter-day Saint in your ward that you can learn to trust and actually learn from. Some of them are Prophets and Seers and Revelators. It might be possible to find a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator in your own ward. My message is not to let anyone lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Mark My Words



No comments:

Post a Comment